Moogle's Content

There have been 33 items by Moogle (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#40962 Gunslinger Cinematic Trailer

Posted by Moogle on 01 September 2014 - 11:13 PM in Announcements

#37829 Ground Bug?

Posted by Moogle on 27 March 2014 - 11:26 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Good eye, fixed and will be applied.

#36949 Patch 22/02/2014 New Arena Games

Posted by Moogle on 24 February 2014 - 11:14 PM in Update Archive

Simplified:

BowAtk = ( ( DEX * 0.62 + STR * 0.2 + LEVEL * 0.2 + ArrowQuality ) +
( ( ( WeaponAtk ) ) + ArrowQuality * 0.5 + 8 ) * ( DEX * 0.04 + SEN*0.03 + 29 ) / 30 ) )

GunAtk = ( ( DEX * 0.4 + CON * 0.5 + LEVEL * 0.2 + BulletQuality ) +
( ( (WeaponAtk) ) + BulletQuality * 0.6 + 8 ) * ( CON * 0.03 + SEN * 0.05 + 29) / 30 ) )

CannonAtk = ( ( STR * 0.52 + CON * 0.5 + LEVEL * 0.2 + ShellQuality ) +
( ( (WeaponAtk) ) + ShellQuality + 12 ) * ( CON * 0.04 + SENSE * 0.05 + 29) / 30 ) )

OHS,Mace,THS,Spear,&AxeAtk = ( ( STR * 0.75 + LEVEL * 0.2 ) +
( (WeaponAtk) ) * ( STR * 0.05 + 29) / 30 ) )

Staff&SphereAtk = ( ( STR * 0.4 + INT * 0.4 + LEVEL * 0.2 ) +
( (WeaponAtk) ) * ( INT * 0.05 + 29 ) / 30 ) )

WandAtk = ( ( INT * 0.6 + LEVEL * 0.2 ) +
( (WeaponAtk) ) * ( SEN * 0.1 + 26 ) / 27 ) )

KatarAtk = ( ( STR * 0.42 + DEX * 0.55 + LEVEL * 0.2 ) +
( (WeaponAtk) ) * ( DEX * 0.05 + 20 ) / 21 ) )

DualAtk = ( ( STR * 0.63 + DEX * 0.45 + LEVEL * 0.2 ) +
( (WeaponAtk) ) * ( DEX * 0.05 + 25 ) / 26 ) )

#36903 unbalance colour in game

Posted by Moogle on 23 February 2014 - 10:55 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

For some people, like myself, nvidia 3D vision will automatically enable itself when a compatible game is run in fullscreen mode. To turn it off, I press the key combo that I've set to enable/disable the feature, though the screen brightness does not return to normal. I suggest turning it off entirely in the nvidia control panel.

#36893 unbalance colour in game

Posted by Moogle on 23 February 2014 - 09:35 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

If you play fullscreen you must disable stereoscopic 3D, or use whatever you set your hotkey to in order to turn it off.

#36084 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 22 January 2014 - 02:00 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Nice suggestions from many! I wake up with actual suggestions, so happy! :P
I like the suggestion about being hit canceling the grab, but I don't think that would be possible due to the way it works, it can only hit or miss from the start.

The well thought out suggestion involving distance, cooldown, and so on gives us some starting parameters.

Oh, and in response to the posts still bickering and explaining why the skill is bad, what is wrong with you? Can't you @#$% read? I said let's discuss the success rate, and stuff like that will be ignored. Can't you take the hint from all of the posts being unapproved? If you want to continue to pointlessly babbling about why you don't like the skill that you've never even tried, go to another thread.

#36044 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 21 January 2014 - 11:04 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Yeah, Tintin did quite a lot of difficult work to make this skill possible, other servers certainly don't have anything like it.

#36039 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 21 January 2014 - 06:25 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

View PostRaudon, on 21 January 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

IF that skill will be in all maps , what the target is able to do while hooked ?does he can skill or receve a skill , atck or be atck?

At the moment there aren't any restrictions on what the target can do. I think I pulled tintin while he was using a skill on me once, it just continued as he was moving. We've even used the skill on eachother and collided in mid air haha

#36035 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 21 January 2014 - 03:32 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

View PostSepkyroth, on 21 January 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

Then i have to say implent this for all soldier job

Yes it is a soldier class skill with lvl 200 requirement

View PostWilliams, on 21 January 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

OKAY things are getting serious, maybe nothing should be done.. or just a simple thing to put fence's like tintin said. 1st it will be faster to make (i guess) or add the taunt effect on the taunt skill of the knight(the same way the pressure skill of scout) but put some time effect like 3 or 4 sec that they cant untarget u.

Skill's already been created, so it wouldn't be faster to make since it's already done.

Again, we are listening for suggestions on how everyone would like to see the skill hit or miss, not discussing whether it will be implemented or not.

#36032 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 21 January 2014 - 01:45 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

View PostSepkyroth, on 21 January 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

This skill is good for the 1v1, but tg noway

I'm sure that after release, if it became an actual problem in certain scenarios, we could map restrict it. However, it's success/failure is figured out correctly, we shouldn't have a problem anywhere.

#36029 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 21 January 2014 - 01:23 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

This is beyond ridiculous. These opinions, contradictions, people telling us to "think properly", speaking all disrespectfully, unwilling to give any new concept a chance. Telling us that our new skill is overpowered, when it's balancing factors have not even been established yet. Have you ever used the grappling hook skill? No. Have you ever had the grappling hook skill used on you? No. Your complaints are based on nothing other than speculation, maybe you should "think properly". The fact of the matter is that if you can form an opinion on an idea, based souly on speculation of what you think will happen, you are an idiot and should be ignored anyway. In the end, the grappling hook skill allows a soldier to have a chance, which can fail, to grab a fast running job. The soldier then has a fraction of a second to cast another skill, which may or may not be a stun skill, which can also fail. After that, the soldier is once again slow and vulnerable as it has always been until the skill cools down and they can try again. Dex fencers would still be more proficient at chasing runners, since they can almost keep up with them.

Anyway, we will continue to figure out how this skill is going to work. I suggest that you start making suggestions on what factors you would like us to take into consideration while determining what can cause the skill to fail, rather than crying about it's existence, because it is going to exist. If there is a problem with it, it will be fixed, but unless there is a real actual problem with it's existence, it will exist. Further complaints about the skill prior to release will be considered mindless babbling, and ignored.

So let's start on the topic of factors which we should consider while determining the success or failure of the skill, shall we?

#36003 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 20 January 2014 - 09:53 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

I displayed this concept and graphical preview to obtain early stage feedback, which we have obtained. The constructive feedback is greatly appreciated, it is nice to have people who are so cooperative in helping us improve the concept. We have merely reached the initial mechanics of this skill, the other 90% of the details, such as the ones pointed out by tintin have not been determined yet.

On the other hand we have some ignorant responses. How could you say that anything is overpowered at this point? So sure of your opinions too, it makes me laugh. To say that the skill is overpowered because soldiers are meant to be slow is silly. Though your idea is based on a true fact, you are ignoring the fact that our players have double, even triple the amount of the DEX stat that rose online developers ever intended a player to have. When using this grappling skill in testing even, the soldier barely has time to fire off one skill before the dex character takes off running.

Lastly, stop suggesting a new map, hell will freeze over before I make a new map for this issue, it is not going to happen, period, not by my hands at least. It is absolutely hilarious that you think that making a map is soo easy compared to "wasting time" making a new skill. With all due respect, you honestly just don't have a clue, so don't try to judge our priorities when you have no idea what you are talking about.

#35976 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 20 January 2014 - 11:36 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

So far we have not had any issues with being pulled into objects or walls, but we're still testing.

#35973 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 20 January 2014 - 11:20 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Well, this is what we have so far regarding the new soldier class skill.

It is called Grappling Hook. If you have suggestions, now would be the time to present them.

#35965 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 19 January 2014 - 10:52 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

If I remember correctly, I designed it mainly using magic attacks, sort of a magic scout class? Also gave them traps for strategic use in war. Not sure if they are viable at either of them?

#35958 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 19 January 2014 - 02:02 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

No doubt that hunter class has needed improvements, my point is that I have just been made aware of this a month or less ago. It's not like we have a bunch of volunteer testers whenever we release an update, we have just a quick few people testing things for an hour or so, it's not like we have a mile long line of volunteers willing to test for a week or more. So, since there is no real testing phase, I assume I'd be notified if something were wrong with the class after going live on the main server, a forum message, anything. When I released the fencer class, there were no complaints. Same with hunter for weeks after release, so I resumed my non-iroseph work, assuming all was well. Not everyone has the time to sit here and read the forum boards for months on end, I most certainly don't, not usually. So now here it is, well over a year, maybe even two years after the class was released, and I am just now finding out, and people act like I am somehow obligated to jump right on it. I even saw some guy suggest that we "replace" the class with another class, such rudeness, as if it were just that easy to pull a new job class out of my arse. When this topic was formed, it irritated me, because the whole scout kiting around the soldier thing is ancient, old, scouts have been kiting around soldiers for years, in every version of rose. I finally give in, and suggest making a skill, which formed the similar suggestion which went into play. We make a skill which, as stated before, is applied to the soldier class, not just knights. It's not like we're sitting here jumping up and down in our chairs excited to make a skill, I for one hate making rose animations, but it beats making a map specifically just for a certain game mode, which I am definitely not doing. As for hunter, I don't know, I guess I will look at it when I feel like it, doesn't matter, I'm sure I will receive no testers or positive feedback as usual.

#35953 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 19 January 2014 - 09:49 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

I created the hunter class what, one or two years ago? We're just hearing about problems with it as of a month ago. So basically it's, everyone can take their merry sweet time to report an obvious problem, but we're expected to tackle it immediately? A player was complaining that he cannot even land an attack on his opponent. If it happens in this mini game, then it most-likely happens to some extent in all scenarios. So, we're not adding one single skill for the purpose of a mini game, we're adding it because common sense dictates that the only slow moving, non ranged class in the game needs to be able to catch their opponent. Not to mention the fact that everyone loves blitzcrank, and it is going to be very funny to watch. It is fun to work on, especially figuring out how to create the visuals, and watching tintin break his laptop hinges trying to make them work.

#35909 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 17 January 2014 - 04:32 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Maybe the soldier class needs some sort of distance closing skill? Magician, Cleric, Scout, Bourgeois, and Artisan are all distance attackers. Raider can go invisible with equal speed to chase, I guess only Champion and Knight are left with no way to catch the runner. What if we added a skill, similar to shaman's teleport, but target based? This would give the Soldier a chance to follow with a stun attempt, while the runner would still have a chance for the stun to fail and continue running.

#35843 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 15 January 2014 - 10:29 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

I am not blaming the players for the way that the server is, I am simply pointing out that many are preventing us from fixing it.

#35841 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 15 January 2014 - 09:53 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

View Postcharas, on 15 January 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

What you say about this version of the game is true, what you say about the attitude of most players and big clans is also indeed true, but your tone and your arrogance are something that I probably never saw in any other servers or on any other games since i play mmos, and we are talking about a good 15 years.
There is no such thing as a "tiny issue" or "petty little threads". It s all feedback that u should indeed compil and take into consideration. It s incredible to see someone, part of the so called staff saying things like " Why should we concern ourselves with such things?". You are most probably unhappy with the player s behaviour, and oh god i can understand you. but ... making a post like yours disregarding your players opinion like if nothing coming from them could ever have any value.... really? like..... really?
Never forget that you got players on your server that have way more experience than you with games, especially mmos, or even ROSE, I know players here that played ROSE since beta phase (including me). I dont know you, but i highly doubt any admin in here are playing this game for so long. I see that you are indeed a developer, but do you think it makes your opinion more valuable than some of your players who could have 10years++ experience with many different mmos?
I completly agree that the movement speed being a problem in a few fights can be considered as a "mini" issue. It s a problem directly related to the amount of raw stats you can stack on this server and the way those stats are scaling... and guess what? this is not a mini issue. Dont get me wrong, balance wise it is normal for scouts to run and faster than others, in any mmos archer are a kiting class...well on the server you made scout be a kiting class with max dming skills and 50% stuns able to use 5 gems and to reach an enormous amount of dext and hit while still keeping their acc up... this might be indeed unbalanced.

I can understand how beautifull it sounds to be able to rebalance everything, I would be one to embrace this with a big smile. But the truth is that 90% of your player base play the game for what it is right now, a few big shtty clans thinking they are awesome, a few classes completly unbalanced that everyone is playing, absolutly meaningless rgn deciding the issue of every fight, and a game dominated by wich type of donate you bought with your money. If you were to really and honestly rebalance this game, and it would take way way more than a lil damage ajustment on a weapon that wasn`t much of a priority anyway, you are better with letting this server with the class and stat ratios it has, and open a new server to start fresh, wich i guess, will never happen.

For one who comments on another's arrogance, you sure do sound fairly proud of your rose online experience. You are also very assumptive of my experience with rose online, considering that I have played through the overpopulated irose, through the days of p2p narose, and then through the f2p era. Switching back to irose once again for ruff-rose, and playing up until the day it shut down. Then came my first days of development, knowing nothing, learning only from those who reverse engineered the game to create the private server development method. Finally, I obtained what is basically the entire development history of rose online, every tiny last resource. Amongst everyone who had obtained access to gravity's svn, I am still the only person who ever bothered to translate their documentation, but no, I'm sure that you know much more about this game than I do.

Quite possibly even more absurd than the above, is that you assume that I must take on some professional condescending staff tone because I am a developer here. If iRosePh were an official server, I might, but this is a private server, a hobby, in which our hard work is put forth for generally nothing more than something to pass the time. The team here puts forth more effort into this project than any other that I have worked with. Tintin alone has done more by himself than three programmers have done elsewhere, but each and every thing that is released is followed mostly by petty complaints.

Lastly, you are wrong, there are such a thing as small, insignificant issues. They are the issues that on an official server, would receive no response, and allow players to bicker over them by themselves, but since we have reached a stand still here, I use them as opprotunities to point out that there is a bigger picture to take into consideration here. Players must be made aware that in the current state of the game, we can do nothing other than release nice holiday events and games, because larger projects such as new planets have no point. With the resources that we have, we could accomplish things that the official server has failed to produce, but as you have said, outside of a fresh start it is likely this will never happen. So I suppose that we will continue to sit here twiddling our thumbs until players become bored enough to accept the changes which need to be made in order to move on.

#35800 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 14 January 2014 - 01:20 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

It can be fixed easily by making decisions which reinstate balance and some form of gameplay, and standing by our decisions no matter what. Some people would not like it and leave, but we could just consider that a purge of those who would not be missed.

#35782 Do something about GA

Posted by Moogle on 14 January 2014 - 12:36 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Balanced? Nothing in this game is balanced! I don't even consider this a game anymore, it is more of a sandbox for players to screw around in trying to feel special. I always see people flaming each other, boasting how strong they are, who has the best clan, who can beat who. In truth, nobody is strong, all of the variables which were meant to play key factors in battle are all maxed out, leaving virtually only random chance to determine who wins in a fight. And clans? Imagine if a group of kids were forming a football game, and 20 kids were picked for team A, but only 5 kids were picked for team B. One or two enormous clans in existence dominating the server does not make you strong, it makes you incredibly stupid for sucking all of the fun out of the game, thus excluding new players from the fun, and reducing the amount of new players who actually stay to a very tiny number. Of course, all of these problems could be fixed one step at a time until all is fair, but each and every adjustment that is made causes an apocalypse of players crying that their pretend strength has been nerfed is reverted, because players literally stop playing.

Players seem to be under the impression that comments and suggestions have evolved into some form of game decision democracy, as if the problems within this server could ever be solved by each player's biased little opinion being cast into a voting poll. That is precisely how the game became unbalanced in the first place, and is also precisely why it has not improved. So we are at a stalemate, nothing will improve until players allow us to make changes, which may or may never happen. But you can stop with the petty little threads, complaining about things such as movement speed in an isolated arena game. Such a tiny issue to address in the middle of a gigantic shit storm? Why should we concern ourselves with such things? Selectively bitching about things that you want fixed for your own personal reasons, and then quitting whenever something you dislike is fixed, why should we bother?

#35629 Ruins maps mob!!!

Posted by Moogle on 08 January 2014 - 12:00 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

I give up on trying to explain things <_< Someone just said that the prison spawns were increased becaue we "knew that the drops there were useless". They were increased unintentionally while reducing the number of spawn positions, thus ever so slightly increasing the total number of monsters due to the fact that it is impossible to preform such an operation to an exact 'T'. The purpose of the operation itself was to make the map readable on the website, having nothing to do with said theory.

Too many people are so convinsed of their own absurd theories to listen to factual information, so whatever, they can think what they want.

#35590 Ruins maps mob!!!

Posted by Moogle on 07 January 2014 - 09:10 AM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

Well, I cannot comment on the drops supposedly being changed, or donators selling dp to gain zulie, or whatever everyone's on about. I am not involved in these areas of development. I was simply told that the spawns were bugged, which I already knew about, so I fixed them. I also improved the underground prison spawns, which actually increased the number of monsters, but nobody is talking about that. I can say; however, that nothing will ever improve unless players become willing to actually give adjustments a chance. Even just a week of trial after every change, instead of whining the second that you read the changelog, having never even logged in to try it yet. Though, I've been here enough years to know that will never happen. The mere fact that any tiny change to the gameplay scares the living hell out of 90% of players prevents most of the fun ideas that we come up with. I swear, you guys make this project so boring. <_<

#35546 Ruins maps mob!!!

Posted by Moogle on 06 January 2014 - 01:41 PM in Game Client & In-game Bugs

I said no names, I simply said most players. I do not form an opinion based on the contents of one single thread, but rather the total player response from all patches as a whole. As for the economy, a truly healthy one is heavily reliant on supply and demand. Most players complain up a storm if they are forced to farm for any length of time, because they want everything fast. When items are made available fast, more are obtained and exist on the server than intended. The supply exceeds the demand, causing the economy to fail. Also, there have been many discussions of how to repair the balance between donation and normal items, but as usual, every tiny adjustment causes massive amounts of complaints, leading to the adjustment being reverted.